Monday, March 24, 2014

Running away to join the circus!

Ok...not really. But I felt like I could have on Sat!

Why is that you ask? Great question!

I took a trapeze class at Cirque du Vol here in Raleigh, NC! It was through a meetup group called "I've always wanted to try that!" so not only did I get to try something new...i got to meet a bunch of cool new peeps.

Count this towards Sprinkles' year of adventure!

So I got there super early because the studio is downtown and parking is always rough. Thankfully I found a great spot right in front! Excellent!

We started by warming up and stretching on yoga mats. I felt very old because I heard every bone in my body snap, crackle, and pop!

Here I am standing around!
 
 
After that...our instructor showed us the different parts of the trapeze and had us practice holding on and getting used to our grip on the bar. She wanted to make sure we "engaged our shoulders!"
 
Harder than it looks!
 
Next, we had to learn how to actually get onto the trapeze! This involves holding on for dear life and kicking your legs up over your head. Needless to say...Gumby I am not. So I needed a boost sometimes. (especially towards the end when I was exhausted!)
 
 
So that's how I got bruises behind my knees!
 
 

Then our instructor would show us a pose on the trapeze and let us try it. I jumped at the chance to give it a try where everyone else kind of stood back. I wasn't there to be timid! I wanted as much time on the trapeze as I could get!
 
Now I'll bore you with some pics! (ignore the fat...I wore pants that were a size too tight! ((they were cheaper than my real size!!)))
 
 
I call this move, "Bruises on my back!"
 
Sitting pretty! I got bored while people were trying a move so I decided to sit and watch!
 
Trapeze photobomb! I'm doing the same move as her!
 
 
My fav move because it felt great on my back! Good stretch pose!
 
 
Same pose as before...just with the leg out....for kicks!
 
 
After the class, a couple of us went and grabbed some drinks. It was a beautiful day and so nice to spend it with some fun, new people learning something awesome!
 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment