Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Adulthood

I have NO toilet paper in my house.

I swear...who let ME be an adult? Shouldn't there be some sort of test or rulebook to follow? Nope...they just throw you out to the real world and you're forced to fend for yourself. Such craziness.

I obviously can not be held responsible for my own lack of TP in which to wipe my behind!


Guess I'll have to "borrow" a roll from work to get me through til I can make it to the grocery store. Jeez.

In running news...

I had an awesome run last night with the Hibernian Harriers Run Club! They had a rep from New Balance there, letting folks try some new shoes for the run. At first I thought, "Why would I want to try a new pair of shoes when I have my most awesome Adidas Supernova Sequence 6s?" But then he said the magic words....Free Pint Glass.

So I tried the new shoes. I have no idea which ones they were.

Bad Blogger.
 
I always like New Balance shoes. I mean...they have an "N" on them. Sprinkles starts with an N! Obviously those shoes are made for me!
 
With this group, I always start out way too fast (9 mm!!!) and end up much slower and towards the very back of the pack. I'm ok with this. Last night, these two girls caught up with me and were excited to see that I had a map as it was their first time and they were slightly lost. I let them know that they were totally cool to run with me, but I was slow and they would probably end up passing me up.
 
Turns out, they were right about my speed! What's even crazier? We were about halfway done running, when one of them asked me who else I run with. I'm explaining my meetup group to her when she goes, "Sprinkles?" OMG! It ended up that I was running with two of the girls from my first meetup group...the girls I ran the Electric run with! So cool!
 
So we ran the rest of the way together and I actually did really well! I felt good and fast and strong. I managed to mostly run up the crazy hills! We made it back to the Hibernian and I returned the New Balance shoes. They were alright to run in but my socks bunched up a bit which made my left toes go numb. I had that same problem in my old Adidas shoes but not in my awesome new shoes. I also collected my free pint glass! Yeah-ah! All in all...a great night!
  
 
If it's free...it's for me!


No comments:

Post a Comment