Monday, November 4, 2013

Hurricanes Hockey!

Hockey is big down here. You wouldn't think so, since I live in the south...but trust me when I say it is. We do things a little differently though. For example, we tailgate for HOURS before a hockey game! We believe in Redneck Hockey!

I'm a big hockey fan but not as big as my friend HotRod or even my boss. I follow games but not religiously. I tend to talk a bigger game than I actually follow. :D

So when the opportunity arose to go with HotRod to a Full Season Ticket Holder Event with the Carolina Hurricanes...you'd better believe I said hells yeah!!

We got there right on time and stood in line for a while. While HotRod waited in line...I went and picked up a ticket to go see Macklemore later in the month! Awesome! (yes...I'm not afraid to go to concerts by myself)

We picked up our food vouchers and schedule and decided to go up to tour the press area. This was pretty exciting to me because I love behind the scenes stuff. They had the door to the TV area blocked off but open...you could see inside but not go in. We convinced one of the guards to let us take our pictures in front of the TV backdrop...so that was awesome!

Coming to you live from the Hurricane's game...it's Sprinkles!

Next we decided to go down to the ice and take shots on goal. After waiting in a small line and signing our lives away...we were allowed on the ice to practice shooting pucks into the net. It is harder than  it looks! I made one of my 3 shots in!

 
Gooooooooooooaaaaaal!

After that we went and took a tour of the locker room. We stood in front of one of the most annoying people on the planet. Everything we said about how cool the locker room was or any joke we made about sneaking into somewhere...she had a know-it-all response to. But we quickly ditched her and made our way back up to where the food was!

 
Who me...hide in a locker? Never!!!

After sitting down and eating (nothing terribly exciting...chicken fingers, pork bbq sandwich, and pink lemonade) we went down to the ice and got to take our picture on the team bench, in front of the Zamboni, and in the penalty box! HotRod made me take his picture with the storm squad chicks. (I won't mention what I call them!)

 
Jumping over the players bench just like a real hockey player!

We were pretty worn out after running up and down the stairs after this so we picked up our dessert. (Dippin Dots for me and a cinnamon roll for HotRod) There was only one thing left to try to do.....meet Tim Gleason.

Tim Gleason is my favorite player on the Hurricanes squad. I love him. MommaB made me a shirt that says "Tim Gleason makes onions cry" and "There is nothing to fear but Tim Gleason." I met him back in 2011 when Raleigh hosted the All Star game and I got his autograph and gave him a kiss on the cheek!

So you'd better believe that I wanted to meet him again! Unfortunately....I had verbal diarrhea when I met Timmy and sounded like a babbling idiot! But I did get his autograph and I got to take a pic with him again!

 
Be still my heart!
 
And just because everyone thinks I went to this event by myself...here's a shot of the two of us on the player's bench. It was hard to get pictures together because one of us would take the pic while the other person was doing the activity or posing!
 
 

Yes ladies....he's single!

2 comments:

  1. I can't help but notice you have long legs. I have short legs. Does this mean I have to train to be twice as fast? Dammit...

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I do have long legs! I'm 5'9!

    Nah...I'm already twice as slow so you'll be fine!

    I know I know...Dammit Sprinkles! :D

    ReplyDelete