Friday, November 22, 2013

Weekly Recap

Oh man....what a week!

I have not run a whole lot because this week has been so crazy!

Monday:

I managed to sneak out of work early (I took my boss home) and worked in a run with the Wal-dog. We only went 2.05 miles because it got dark. I do NOT like to run in the dark. I was impressed with Waldo. He kept up like a champ!

After my run (and a quick shower), I went to my C25K graduation! We all met at Crabtree Tavern and enjoyed a great meal together. There was lots of laughing and joking around. We gave our coach/leader/guy a card and gift card to Fleet Feet. I told him he could use it to get some new shorts! (The day we ran in the SLEET, he showed up in shorts!) We've all promised to keep up with each other and go running together again.
Such a good looking group!
 
Tuesday:
 
I had tickets to go see Macklemore and Ryan Lewis at the PNC Arena! I pretty much paid nothing for my ticket because I had won a gift card from the PNC Arena that I used to get it. So imagine my face when I found out that it was $20 to park!!! Crikey!
 
I went to the show by myself and had a blast. I sat next to the nicest family. It was a little uncomfortable sitting next to the mom while the opening acts were rapping about F-this and F-that. I told the mom that they seemed like cool parents to take their kids to a concert like this. (My parents would have NEVER gone to a rap concert with me. Or even let ME go!) She told me that they didn't censor their kids music and that they were both straight A students so they didn't worry too much about it. It's just music. I thought that was a cool way to look at it.
 
The two opening acts were ok. They were Big K.R.I.T. and Talib Kweli. Honestly, I wasn't terribly impressed. Maybe because the sound quality wasn't that great? Talib Kweli rapped over a track of himself for a couple of songs and that really just turned me off. They both had a couple of songs I enjoyed but honestly, I just wanted to hear Macklemore.
 
Plus I was really uncomfortable when I saw a young girl (maybe 8 years old?) walk past me in a homemade Macklemore shirt while one of the opening acts was singing "F-these haters, F-these hoes." *censor is mine and mine alone.
 
Macklemore does curse in his songs. But it's not every other word. I have a problem with people who can't talk or rap or sing without cursing every 3 words. There are lots of words in the English language!
 
After the opening acts, we got to sit there for about 30 mins. Weee! So fun. I know I'm getting old because I texted Bliss and told her I was ready for the main act to start already. It was past my bedtime!
 
Finally at 9pm...the main act! Such a great show. Macklemore had such a stage presence. He would talk to the crowd and really kept the energy going. I just loved it.
 

Why is it in this day and age I still can't get a good concert pic on my cell?
 
Wednesday:
 
RatBastard and I went to therapy. I supposed now that we're back together I should come up with a new nickname for him. I'll think about it.
 
Therapy went well. We both really liked our therapist and RB really took it seriously and opened up a lot. I'm looking forward to our next session. We even have homework!
 
Thursday:
 
Stitch 'n bitch night with my knitters! Where my stitches at? I'm working on a pair of fingerless mitts that are currently the bane of my existence. I have frogged them once completely and now am ripping out two rows. On DPNs. Boo!
 
Friday:
 
Hasn't happened yet but I have a Girl Scout meeting tonight! We're going to work on our detective badge and probably talk about our pending trip to Savannah next year! Fun!
 
HOPEFULLY I can get some running in on Sat. I feel like I haven't run in forever but I think that since I ran so much last week...I'll be ok this week. But back to the grind next week! I'm running 8k on Thursday next week!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment