Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Slacking and whining.

I feel like such a slacker. I haven't been running. I haven't been blogging. I haven't been knitting.

So what have I been doing?

Darned if I know. But I've been exhausted lately. Damn RA.

I did run on Monday. I pushed it on the treadmill and managed 3 miles. Believe me that I felt every ounce of those miles yesterday. Even Ollie couldn't get out all my kinks.

I did pick up my bib for my 8K race tomorrow! I'm hella nervous that I won't be able to run the whole 5 miles. Especially since I haven't run a whole lot the last week and a half. Call it a taper week, I guess.

Run, Sprinkles, Run!
 
I need to complain about the treadmill for a little bit. OMG...I know why people hate it. It was hella cold here on Monday (the high was 40 degrees!) so instead of running with the Hibernian Harriers Run Club...I decided to pop over to my apt complex gym and get a run on the treadmill in. Piece of cake...right?
 
Ha! My apt complex has no TV in the workout area. So its deathly silent. I thought...surely I can get a wi-fi signal. I did! But it was so weak that nothing would pull up on my tablet. Finally I had to resort to draining the last 10% of my phone battery to play some music because I was dying.
 
The hard part about running on a treadmill is figuring out your pace. When I run outside...I can vary my pace. Sometime I run faster and sometimes I run slower. Sometimes I even need to walk for a min before I can run again. On a treadmill...that's very hard to do.
 
Also, there's no scenery. No telling myself, "Sprinkles, just run to that tree. Ok...now just run to that sign." There is nothing to distract yourself with.
 
I think I'm going to try either running in the dark by myself on well lit streets...or on the treadmill at work...since our gym at work actually has a TV in there! 

No comments:

Post a Comment