Friday, November 22, 2013

Friendship and love

I am thankful for my friends.

I have a good amount of friends. I have knitting friends, running friends, GS friends, friends from college and high school, friends I only chat with on facebook, texting friends, long distance friends and even a best friend.

I am truly blessed with good people who share my sorrows, my joys and keep me sane.

That being said...I have noticed several different reactions when they find out that I'm back with RatBastard:
  • "Why?! Why would you do that?! Are you out of your mind?! What are you thinking?!!!"
  • "I think you're making a huge mistake.
  • "I think you're making a huge mistake and I don't want to hear anything about it. I just can't handle hearing about him."
  • "You do what you have to do."
  • "Who am I to judge? Just be careful."
  • "You'll be sorry when he breaks your heart again."
Some of these reactions were hard for me to hear. Some of them, I have no response to. How do you put into words how you feel about someone?

I understand why they've reacted this way. They love me. They don't want to see me hurt....again. They've been there, done that, and don't want it to happen again. Trust me....neither do I.

I can't even begin to explain why I'm back with RatBastard. I just know that I love him. I love him for the man that he is, the man that he was, and the man that he is going to be. I see so much potential there. I know how I feel when I'm with him. I know that he loves me. I know that he has some issues that need to be worked out. So do I. And we're working on them.

Hopefully...this relationship will last a long time and my friends will come around. Time will heal old wounds and new memories will be made.

Either way...I know my friends have my back and always will. And I love them for that.

Thank you friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment