Thursday, December 19, 2013

Get yo ass to the gym!

I blame Bliss.

It's got to be her fault! I mean...she joined a gym at the same time I did! She obviously planted the idea in my head!

So I joined a gym.

It's funny to me....because I'm not a gym person. I'm not the type. I've never really even been to one...except in college to take the occasional dance class or to walk around the indoor track with my roommate.

I went to one gym close to my work. Free 7 day pass. Cool...I'll check it out.

I got the hard sell. I actually almost signed with them. The facility was clean and they had fancy lockers but it was very intimidating. I couldn't imagine myself going there and enjoying it. Plus it was in the opposite direction from home.

For this to work...I need to be close to home or on the way home.

Side note: Going to the gym for the first time as a newb is very scary. There are so many questions I have:
  • Do you undress in the locker room area? (I ran and hid in the toilet stall to change)
  • Are you allowed to bring your own water bottles or Gatorade?
  • Do you have to use a towel?
  • What if you don't sweat that much?
  • What's the correct distance be from someone else on a machine near you?
  • How in the heck do you get the tv to work?
  • Why is there no sign that says start the tv first and then the treadmill?!
  • What do you wear in the sauna/steam room?
Hit me up in the comments if you have more good questions or even better...answers to my burning questions!

/end side note

So after the big box gym got me to almost sign my life away at 46 bucks a month...I decided to visit a smaller, locally owned gym. I had heard they had an indoor running track!

I took a tour and liked the vibe. The walls were painted bright, happy colors. The staff was very friendly. The other workout people seemed nice and normal. Plus the price was right and it's on my way home from work! Score!

I also signed up for a personal trainer. Just once a month. I'mma get lean and mean and ready for this half marathon!!! Wooo!

The year of Sprinkles may commence!

No comments:

Post a Comment