Thursday, December 19, 2013

Emotional update

Well...it's been a while. I'm not going to lie. I just haven't felt like writing. Haven't felt like much of anything actually.

I waited out the week that RB was overseas. I tracked his flight so I knew he got home safely. I sent him a text asking if he made it home safely and were we still speaking? Nothing.

So what does any smart, level headed chick do? She calls him.

Here's a transcript of how well that went!

RB: Hello
Sprinkles: Hey! So you made it home safely!
RB: Yeah.
S: Welcome back to the states! So are we not speaking?
RB: I don't feel ready to do that yet.
S: I'm sorry? (I couldn't hear what he said)
RB: I don't feel ready for that yet.
S: Ok. So would you like to tell me what happened between Friday when you sent me the loving card and Sat when you broke up with me?
RB: I want to end this call now. Thanks.

CLICK.

That's right folks. He hung up on me. Who does that?! I don't think I've ever been hung up on. I have hung up on very few people...and those only because they were cursing at me.

I promise I was not cursing at RB.

You know...it was a funny thing. It's like him hanging up on me...set me free. Its like that was the final straw I needed to say...I deserve better.

I do! I deserve better.

Because you shouldn't treat people that way. If I treated someone the way he treated me...my mom would whoop my ass. Then make me apologize. Because she taught me...that's not the way you treat people.

To close out this story...he also sent me my Xmas present. It was a custom made running rack for my running bibs and medals. It's very pretty and exactly what I asked for. However, he couldn't be bothered to put a note inside that said "I hope you enjoy this." or even "Don't ever contact me." He couldn't even bother to put his name on the return address section. He put the name of the company he got it from and his work address. Really? Who does that? Why would you do that? Gah!

It looks even better with MY bibs on it!

I sent him one last text message. "I won't contact you anymore. When you're ready to be friends, you know how to find me."

I'm so tired of all of this.

From now on...I'm going to focus on and work on Sprinkles. She deserves it.

1 comment: