Thursday, October 24, 2013

Getting my swag on!

If you know me in real life....you know that I love free swag. I use coupons, I like freebies, and I live for a good deal.

Because I'm so cheap...I like to volunteer my time rather than give my money. (mostly because I have more time than money)

So when I heard they needed volunteers for the City of Oaks Marathon in my home city, I was all about it. Hang out with runners....experience the race without having to run it or pay for it...and get free swag? Sign me up!

I had my volunteer training session last night. Plus I picked up my swag!

I get a a tech hat too!
 
This picture in no way demonstrates just how bright YELLOW this shirt is! I love it!
 
I'll be going to the race expo and hanging out with runners. Then on race day you'll find me at about 26.1 miles (or 12.8 if you're running the half marathon)...near the finish line!
 
I'll be the one yelling "You're almost done! Great job! Don't quit now!" 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment