Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Stuck in my head

Bright Lights, Big City
She dreams of love.
 
Bright Lights, Big City
She lives to run.
                                                                                  -Thirty Seconds to Mars
 
This song has been on repeat in my head...over and over again. It's called Bright Lights and it's by a band called Thirty Seconds to Mars. I've changed the words a little bit...the second "She" is sung as "He," but it fits better for me if I just sing "She."
 
The words are just so fitting.
 
I do dream of love. I dream of that perfect someone who will hold me when I'm down, who will laugh with me and not at me. That intimate friend and lover all rolled into one. The guy with the smile that lights up my heart who will think I'm beautiful and realize that I'm an unpolished diamond.

While I'm busy dreaming of that....I live to run.

Running has filled the void.

It has gone from something I did to prove someone wrong, to something I live to do.

It has become my drug.

If I'm not running...I'm thinking about running. Or I'm texting Bliss about running. Or I'm reading about running. Or I'm looking at new running products or races.

I feel like running has helped me in so many ways already. It's helped me get over heartache and loss. It's made my clothing fit better. It's introduced me to some great new people. It's helped me find new friends.

Can running help me find love?

Bright lights, Big city dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment