Monday, October 14, 2013

Running store reivew

This weekend I had the opportunity to visit a new running store just down the road from me!

Fleet Feet opened a new location here in Raleigh, NC! They had a bunch of grand opening activities. Unfortunately, I didn't get to participate in the store-to-store run (they ran 8 miles!) but I did get to try a delicious smoothie, pull 2 ducks to win prizes, vote for the best decorated pumpkin, and learn some new techniques on my foam roller.

I arrived around 10:45am and visited the tent outside of the store first. I talked to some lovely ladies about the inaugural Rock n Roll Raleigh Marathon and Half. Sadly, I won't be able to run that one. I'll be out of town with my GS troop in Savanna, GA!

Then I got to pick two ducks out of a kiddie pool. The ducks had numbers written on them that corresponded with prizes. I picked an 8 and a 9. I got a pair of Brooks branded shoelaces and a flashing Fleet Feet light that I can wear in the dark when I'm running!

 
Who doesn't love free swag?!


I also got a little pin from Brooks that says "Pick up the pace"

From there I went into the store and was very impressed with the layout. Men's clothing to the left, Women's to the right and shoes straight in front in the back. I walked around a bit and made my way over to the shoes. They had my beloved Adidas Supernova Sequence 6's and they had the $5 cheaper than what I had paid for them! Dang!

I talked to a super nice saleswoman about options for socks. I am forever having a problem with my no-show socks slipping. It drives me crazy. She showed me some great looking options.

They were doing some demonstrations with the Trigger Point Performance The Grid Revolutionary Foam Roller.

I happen to have gotten this a couple of weeks ago and thought I could use some better ways to use it. She showed me the best exercises to do with it. It felt amazing. I didn't realize that the little grid parts could be used in different ways to get different results. I now love Ollie (yes, I named my foam roller) even more!

From there I was done so I went over to Panera and got a free bagel. It was delicious. I realized while there that my free blinky light didn't work, so I went back over to Fleet Feet and they hooked me up with one that worked.

I can't say more about how nice and friendly everyone I spoke to who worked there was. They were so helpful and their prices were very reasonable. I will definitely shop there for my running needs!

No comments:

Post a Comment