Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Perspective

Sometimes running...like life...is all about perspective.

Before I go any further...I should say that I love to run. I also love to knit. I am not the best at either of these things but I do them because they're fun for me. I do them for me and the feelings I get when I do them.

That being said...it's funny sometimes. When I run with my meetup group on Tues/Thurs/Sat...I'm one of the fastest people there. I'm always at the front of the pack. Last night I did sprints with the guy who runs the group and I was blazing fast. (for a whole min)

I use Runkeeper to track my runs so I know that I don't run at a super fast pace but I know that I run about an 11 mm.

So when I got an email about a new running club starting up that promised free pasta and salad where all paces were welcome...I jumped at the chance to meet some new runners.

I never thought I'd be DFL. (Dead F-ing Last)

Yes...I know. DFL is better than DNF or even better than DNS.

But there's nothing like running your fastest pace ever (10mm!!!) and still being at the very back of the pack.

The good news? I finished the 3 mile run! I got a free shirt! And free food!

And we all know my life motto is FFTB! (Free Food Tastes Better!)

Who doesn't like a free shirt?!
 
 
Edited to add: I'm fully aware that this picture includes a lovely bit of nippliage. Apparently, taking selfies makes me excited! (This angle really makes my boobs look great though!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment