Monday, October 21, 2013

Dammit Sprinkles!

I think Bliss has a new catchphrase: "Dammit Sprinkles!" It makes me laugh every time I see it on my phone.

What usually happens is that I brag about how many miles I ran (because I am proud of myself and everyone else in my life is tired of hearing about my running)...then Bliss feels like she has to keep up with me...so she bangs out an even longer run...which makes me feel like I should run further!

The latest time she said it was after I told her I ran 5 miles on Sat. She then proceeded to run 5.47!

That is why she is amazing.


It is interesting to me how much running has an effect on my moods. I ran Sat (5 miles!) and felt good all day Sunday. I took an rest day on Sunday due to getting my First Aid/CPR re-certification and running errands/cleaning house.

Today I feel like pond scum. I can't put my finger on exactly what's wrong, but my mood is low. I'm kind of cranky and drawn into myself. I'm not my normal cheerful, happy self.

I know what part of the problem is. I sent a card to someone this past weekend regarding a very important event in their life. I expected to hear something back from them, at least a text or email saying "hey" or "thanks." Nothing. *crickets*

So now my head is in a tailspin wondering if they received the card or if they're just ignoring me. *sigh*

I'll get over it. I'm running with the Hibernian Harriers Run Club tonight. So that will be fun! And the sun is out today! Hooray! I was beginning to think it was on furlough.

1 comment:

  1. Your bad mood = dopamine withdrawal.

    YOU JUNKIE!!! :-) love ya!

    ReplyDelete