Monday, October 14, 2013

I knit too!

So Sunday I had grand plans to try to run to my local Starbucks in North Hills and then run home.

Unfortunately, when I woke up on Sunday, my body had other plans. I have Rheumatoid Arthritis so I have to listen to my body very carefully. Sunday morning, my body was saying do not go running! Perhaps later I'll write more about having RA and running but right now it's not really a big deal.

So I decided to meet up with my good knitting friend CableQueen at Starbucks! We sat and talked and knit for about 6 hours. It was excellent to get out of the house and spend time with a good friend. She makes me laugh and is so down to earth.

One of my favorite parts of the day was when these two little boys came in....they were maybe 7 or 8 and they stopped dead in their tracks and just stared at me. Then one of them said "Hi." I said hi back and then asked, "What are you knitting?" I was amazed that he knew I was knitting. I told him I was making a cowl which is like a small scarf for my neck. Later on I heard him tell his mom about me. It was so cute!

I actually finished a project! I made this cowl out of Lotus Yarns Cashmere. Its so soft and luscious...I just love it.

 
Isn't she pretty?! And so warm.
 
I actually wore it home it was so lovely.
 
 
Beware the cashmere masked bandit!
 
 
As awesome of a weekend as it was...I don't recommend drinking 3 Grande Vanilla Iced Coffees from Starbucks. You will not sleep. Trust me....I know. 


No comments:

Post a Comment