Thursday, October 10, 2013

Life is funny...

I have a confession to make....

I am a bit of a Pollyanna. I fully believe that you can make lemonade out of lemons...that every cloud has a silver lining...and that life is funny.

This has been a rough year for me. I've had a lot of good things happen, but I've also had some huge bad ones. One of those things was being broken up with (not once...but twice).

Ratbastard left me in a bad place. He dumped me to make his mom happy and on his way out said some very unflattering things about my appearance. And while I like to think he didn't mean them...how do I trust anything he ever said to me?

Within dealing with all of the heartbreak that comes with being dumped....a very strange thing happened...

I made a new friend.

My new friend Bliss was going through some issues of her own and we connected via an amazing knitting website. She took the time out of her day to try to make me feel better and to relate to me and the more we talked...the more I realized what an wonderful person she is. We eventually started calling each other and now text almost everyday.

Bliss lives on the other side of the US from me. (all the better for global domination!) Somehow...we got to talking and she came up with this crazy idea to run a marathon together. Me...being just as fun and crazy as she is....agreed!

I feel that Bliss explains it best so I'm copying what she said in her blog..."The Domino Effect has been known to happen with positive endeavors, so we're keeping it real by not blaming each other for any joyful by-products. It's a pretty cool deal with which we sweetened with doughnut rewards and other motivational perks."

I'm super excited to have such a huge goal to work towards (26.2 miles!) and to have such a great long-distance training partner. I think we're going to push each other to do great things. And I can't wait to meet her because I'm planning on running the Portland Marathon in 2014!

Bliss...I guess the secret is out of the bag!

(my favorite motivation poster - courtesy of Nike)

2 comments:

  1. Does Global Domination make my butt look big?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a known fact that Global Domination makes your butt look small. However all the donuts we're going to eat....

    ReplyDelete